Having performed a full audit of the Telemarketing Company PPC account, we decided that a complete restructure would be the best approach to enable us to take advantage of the latest Google best practices. Since migrating from USD to GBP, we have been able to get a clear understanding of true ROI and how to build a bespoke optimisation strategy for the account moving forward.
As some search campaigns had already matured in the existing account and were driving strong responses, it was important that we did not lose visibility for these terms following the restructure. For these campaigns we needed to increase the quality score of the keywords and the click-through rates from the ads. To achieve this, we tailored the ad copy to each individual search term, with an ad copy refresh every quarter to adhere to AdWords best practice. We also ensured that users were directed to the most appropriate landing page available to improve the user experience and support conversion.
To advance the new account, we created display remarketing and RLSA campaigns to encourage previous website visitors who had advanced further down the sales funnel to return to the site and continue their journey. This involved additional audience segmentation to tailor each campaign to each customer’s stage in the funnel, building the campaign around the pages they had and had not visited.
The close communication and relationship with our client also meant that we could reactively create additional bespoke campaigns for areas of the business where leads needed to be driven or search demand needed to be met. For The Telemarketing Company, the new GDPR was an important example, and by creating a targeted campaign we were able to get potential customers engaging with the site and the relevant services they offer.